Yavapai Downs took another important step toward bringing summertime horse racing back to Arizona as the Arizona Racing Commission unanimously approved a three-year temporary permit for the track's new ownership group Plans call for live racing to begin at Yavapai Downs in 2019, running from Memoria...
We are looking for a skilled farm hand that is dependable and a hard worker. Must be an organized, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented individual. The perfect candidate must be capable of operating farm equipment, which includes a bobcat, lawn mowers, trimmers, trailers, fencing, and hand tools (chain saws, drills, circular saw, etc.).
Duties include maintaining all property grounds for our small private, nonprofit horse farm (we currently can have 5- 20 horses at any given time) inclusive of fences, pastures, stalls, paddocks, and arena.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Comfortable with being around horses is required (candidate will NOT be caring for horses)
• Must have experience working in same or similar field
• Must be able to lift over 50-100lbs
• Must be willing to work outdoors during extreme cold and hot
• Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
• Must be able to pass a background check and have a minimum of two references
• Must be punctual and dependable
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 6-8am M-F, Occasional weekends
Job Type: Part-time
• Horse Farm work: 2 years
Serious inquires via email ONLY. Please send resume and references to Claudia@ecefarizona.com.
WORKING CAT PROGRAM CHANGES EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2018
Due to Arizona’s scorching summers, we will be placing Working Cats on a very limited basis during the months of June-September. Keeping cats (or any animal for that matter) confined and cool during these upcoming hot summer months, can be a challenge.
We will continue to work directly with local county shelters by assisting with the evaluation of feral and/or unadoptable cats. We will advocate for the development of alternative placement programs, behavior decompression through foster, and support public education on TNR and community cats. We would like to acknowledge PCACC and MCACC for allowing us to help feral cats within their facilities on a regular basis.
Regarding ECEF direct feral cat intake from the public:
Our Working Cat Program has helped over 600 cats in past three years find safe, alternative placement. Our mission has always been to assist feral cats “caught” within Arizona’s shelter system, yet we have always come from a place of “yes” when a member of the public reaches out for help.
Starting June 1, 2018 we will be implementing an intake fee of $65/cat for PUBLIC intakes. This fee will help with necessary veterinary care, in order for these cat to be placed into our Working Cat Program. We will however continue to offer adoption of Working Cats at NO COST. Should all the following
requirements be met and documentation from a veterinarian provided, we will waive the $65 fee.
ECEF Public Feline Intake Requirements:
1) Spay/Neuter with ear tip
2) Vaccines* - including Rabies
3) SNAP test* - Determines if cat is FIV/FeLV positive. Should any cat test positive, we do find appropriate placement for them. We will not place FeLV cats in barn homes as we believe this would be inhumane. We do find safe, alternative placement by networking with other rescues or ultimately will provide sanctuary should no other option be found.
4) Microchipped* -with ECEF contact information.
*humanely provided at time of alter.
We believe in providing ALL cats, including ferals, the same level of care and proper veterinary treatment. We do not and will not relocate ferals without making sure they are healthy and pose no risk to new property owners or their resident animals.
Thank you for your continued support and allowing us to continue to help Arizona’s feral cats!
As a non-profit organization we rely on the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations to support our efforts to help these horses. By donating you are acknowledging your ongoing commitment to these noble animals.